Generally what happens with online stores or ecommerce websites is that they choose complex designs with special effects. Mismatched color scheme and flash effects not only make website look grumpy but also result in making the website slow and it requires more time to get loaded. These flaws in ecommerce Toronto website design generally send wrong signals to the potential buyers.
While designing an ecommerce website, one of the most important points to keep in mind is that creative looks of a website might look very nice aesthetically, however if those design elements overlook the usability and user experience factors, it can badly effect the conversion rate for the website.
Kinex Media, which is a Toronto based web design and development firm and possesses experience in designing e-commerce websites, lists here few design tips and guidelines on how to design ecommerce website with the aim of improving conversion rate for the website. Let us take a look:
- Like any other website, having a simple and clean design is very important for an ecommerce Toronto website to perform well. Clean design ensures that when a potential customer visits your site, he gets his focus right on the products without any kind of distractions. Moreover, clean design also makes the website look organized and easy to navigate.
- Home page of an ecommerce website must clearly indicate all the current promotions/special offers being offered by the online store. This is the most appropriate place on the website to showcase all the promotional offers including the discounts, free shipping offers or any other schemes. It would be great if you could communicate about these offers via means of images, graphics or crisp photo-descriptions.
- The navigation of ecommerce website should be simple and clearly defined. The navigation menu must also be made visible throughout the website and on all the pages.
- Search bar is also an integral part of an ecommerce website. It offers immense help to customers as they can easily search for the desired products directly without navigating through complete product listings.
- Make sure to include the ability to sort products by price, reviews, bestsellers and release date; provide an option to adjust the number of items listed per page and let visitors narrow down the number of items displayed by selecting specific features.
- Featuring a quick product preview button also results in better results as user find this feature extremely helpful. It helps them to quickly gain a good idea about the products which they want to buy.
- Make sure that you provide your users with clear product description and related details in organized manner. Also, the price of the product and shipping charges should also be clearly indicated. Additionally, the details such as price of the product must be shown everywhere where the product is featured including home page, category page, product page, and so on.
- Secure payment gateway is among the most essential features of ecommerce website. Ensure you store the details provided by your customers with utmost security and safety so that they do not get leaked or hacked.
The above mentioned guidelines are just few of the main things which if ensured while designing an ecommerce website can do wonders. To get more detailed information on how to design ecommerce Toronto website and to ensure best conversion rates, you can get in touch with experts at www.kinexmedia.ca.