New Google Partners program to be launched this year requires partner companies to oblige to changes so they can maintain their Google Partner status. The new set of requirements will start its effect in June 2020, says the big daddy’s already sent emails.
The changes will include:
- Measure the performance only if a partner follows all the recommendations to achieve Google’s optimization score.
- Increase in minimum Google ad spending from $10,000 to $20,000 in the last 90 days.
- Update in Google Ads certifications in Search, Display, Video, and Shopping.
- Replace of specializations with product capabilities (more info to come).
At present, the performance gets calculated on the company’s growth in overall revenue and the number of advertisers with also the revenue growth and retention of a company’s clients.
By complying to the upcoming changes, the partners will receive
- More guidance and transparency to earn a partner badge.
- Status and product capability category to make company presence outstanding.
- New program benefits to drive more customers.
Post the update; most people have reacted to it negatively, tweeting that they will straightaway ignore the new changes because the program is not as valuable as it once was.
The deadline is set, which is up to you to adhere to it.