“E-commerce listing is the key to success in online marketing.”
Building an eCommerce website is not an easy task; it requires perfect planning to optimize your business in online marketing. The primary role of this website is to list your products and services online to earn a profit. It makes it easy for people to reach an extensive list of your products with your online visibility. There are many eCommerce website builders present in the market, including web design companies, professional web designers and do-it-yourself website building tools or software.
Instead, it would be excellent if you had a professional, like us, to set up your website in a commercial form to get more advantage. A few things that are necessary for you to keep in mind while finalizing the design of your eCommerce site. These features play essential roles in maximizing your online sales.
Build a User-Friendly Site
Your online store has to be user-friendly; the visitor should enjoy browsing your eCommerce site so that they visit and scroll further for more information. Maybe your website captivates them and converts them into profitable customers. Three things that help you make your site friendly to the visitors are – presentation and feel factor, functionality and navigation.
- Before making a website, primarily, you have to choose the perfect domain for your online store. Make sure the domain can create a center of attention for users with its simplicity and uniqueness.
- Make sure your eCommerce site has a classy and attractive design with decent colours, simplified layouts, high-quality images and easily accessible links. Additionally, a professionally designed logo also helps establish your brand identity and business effectively.
- Whenever it comes to the performance of an eCommerce site, all the features and functions must perform well without causing any inconvenience to the users. There should not be any broken links on the site that will have a negative impact.
- Navigation is an important factor that should be designed professionally to navigate through the entire website without any breakups. There should be a search box present on all pages so that users can quickly search for products and other things they are looking for on your eCommerce site.
- Choose a website builder. For that, you have many options, like Shopify, Wix. Working with a digital agency, like Kinex Media, enables more features for you by giving the best input that will result in significant monetary outputs.
- Payment Policies: Be versatile when accepting customer payments. Most online retailers approve visas and MasterCard, but what about PayPal, bank transfer or American Express? Try embedding other forms of payment to boost user experience. Mention all modes of payment that you accept and make the payment process easier. You may also have payment service provider logos at the bottom of your e-commerce pages.
- Customer Reviews/ Testimonials: A great client review could influence a prospect from your digital store to make a purchase, so let customers leave reviews on your product pages. Around 54.7 % percent of customers have a better chance of purchasing a product from a website that provides user feedback.
- “Transfer to Cart” button: An “add to cart” button at every e-commerce page acts as the primary call-to-action. Render it tall, and place it on the page away from other items. Red buttons work best because they invoke a sense of urgency.
- A + Description: A detailed description of innovative products and special promotions influences buying decisions and lead to more significant revenue. Blogging is also effective in describing the products and services in a more efficient form. Different studies prove the power of blogging: B2B marketers stress that blogs generate 67 percent the most lead generation than those that don’t, while companies that blog get 97 percent more links to their website.
- Social Keys: Social networking provides a reliable way to increase the visibility of your online brand. Nowadays, most digital retailers take advantage of this technology: Facebook has a wide range of fans list. You can get average followers on an e-commerce website or even on a Facebook marketplace. For your information, the Facebook marketplace is a new section of marketplace. You can list or sell your products on your official Facebook page.
Many social keys will promote your business at different levels. Buck this pattern by keeping your social media active and having social icons or links at the bottom of your e-commerce media. It helps users post your content on several social handles such as Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- About Us “Section”: The “about us” page is an introduction to the business. Consumers can learn the company’s priorities and objectives. The former can also learn what distinguishes you from your competitors. It can also include Illustrations, videos, GIFs, Animated or motion videos and pictures. Additionally, customer testimonials — market reviews from customers who used the services in the past — are mentioned.
Develop SERP-Friendly eCommerce Website
It is equally important to build your eCommerce site as per the terms of the search engine. It will help your site to reach the top ten list of search engine result pages. The more efficient your site is, the more leads it generates for you. It will help in ensuring a better online presence for your website and hence increased website traffic.
To make the optimum SEO- friendly eCommerce site, it may have clear navigation, Search engine-friendly URLs, and an XML sitemap (Index of website’s pages) for indexing by search engines.
Build a quick Loading eCommerce Website
If your eCommerce site loads fast or takes less time, it can easily achieve top rankings on search engines. It also enhances the chances of converting leads into sales and users into customers.
The proper use of optimizing techniques, including SEO optimized keywords, fresh or user-friendly content and creative images, ensure quick loading of websites. Develop your website with the use of new and reliable SEO content.
These days, most people use their smartphones to do their daily tasks, pay bills, and even buy products or services. This makes online marketing more compatible and user-friendly. So, if you have a mobile-friendly version of your eCommerce website, it is advisable to test its compatibility across different mobile devices and platforms.
Thousands of people spend most of their time on mobile phones, so the website design should meet their needs. If the new SEO trends work perfectly on mobile and desktop sites, they will be eligible for Google’s top ranking. Therefore, make sure the site is mobile-friendly.
Following the above-stated guidelines while creating your eCommerce web design can result in high-performing online stores. A reputed website development company can offer you expert help and guidance to build an effective eCommerce website as well as a mobile-friendly eCommerce site.
Contact Kinex Media, a trusted web design and development agency when it comes to the best quality professional web development services. They use the latest web technologies to design robust and effective websites, including eCommerce and responsive websites.