‘Content Marketing’ is getting viral and companies are boarding the ship to join the force to double fold their followers base, and their revenue in the short span of time. However, tremendous success is bestowed upon only a few businesses and others remain busy thinking/looking where they are doing mistakes or questioning the worth of content marketing.
According to B2B (Business-to-business) Content Marketing report for 2016, out of 88%, only 6% found content marketing completely rewarding. Let us talk about real measurable tips that can return good ROI (Return on Investment) for the time and efforts you spend on doing content marketing and reaching to your potential customers in hope for sales conversion.
1. Create targeted content that covers the need of your potential audience to convert them into sales. Associate your content to extend its reach and break the barricades.
2. Include proper and neat infographics that can convey your message without itching in reader’s mind.
3. Mobile opt-in and birthday messages are highly effective while creating email content. It helps miles.
4. Compile old content into an e-book and promote it as a free offering to readers and subscribers as a gift to enhance their knowledge about the relevant topic. Everyone loves having a free e-book that offers great knowledge with the properly incorporation of infographics and statistics.
5. Strategy what makes content marketing effective and rewarding. Successful content marketers document their strategy and work on it than less successful marketers. Spend time in planning that will carry execution smoothly, only, if you have a solid plan.
6. No matter if you have shared your blog post once, keep doing it until it doesn’t find its life to getting viral among the new faces and accounts. Send it to your subscribers as a way to increase shares and views. It’s all part of reaching new minds and gaining new followers.
7. Stay in touch with your team. Do brainstorming sessions and keep encouraging them to raise the bars. Be a team player as well as an effective leader.
8. Shift your focus on creating problem-solving content or solution offering content to various problems. Your key readers will love to share that with their friends and it will boost the share numbers. Instead of constantly creating sales-based content, try something new and keep the interest alive.
9. Embrace your content with read-friendly lines and gently move them to the conversion page. It may take incredible planning and patience to gain the trust of readers.
10. Write long pieces of content to generate traffic. Sometimes short pieces aren’t read or seen as a real form of marketing by search engines. Break content into proper paragraphs, subtitles, images and videos etc. It will glue people to read it till the end.
11. Many marketers mistake in choosing their domain extension. Some choose their native countries that limit to a particular region. If you can, always go for the .com domain. More than 84% of successful content marketing businesses or companies use that. It allows them to extend their global reach and present them at the world stage.
12. Sell your paid services in your free offering stuff. For instance, at the end of your e-book on why e-commerce can help you in growing better sales, you can redirect readers or create call-to-action button for them to contact you to develop a portal for their business. You never know who is thinking to develop a portal. Don’t underestimate anyone.
13. According to e-market reports, 77% of highest-ranking pages are mobile friendly. It’s a crucial step to having responsive web design (RWD). If you can get an application developed for your website, that would be a jackpot for your readers.
14. Don’t hesitate to use social ads as the way to amplify your content reach. It will drive more traffic to your blog and more traffic means more shares and referrals. Try it out.
15. Incorporate proper images and videos to ensure organic traffic driven to your blog post or website. People love getting back information about the topic you are writing about. Provide certain links to enhance their knowledge as you certainly don’t want to write a book in your blog post.
16. Guest blogging can be your important tool in driving huge traffic and knowing what marketers and readers think about you and your business.
17. Using short and simplified titles is the way to get clicks for the blog post. Stop using long and tough vocabulary in your titles, which most people won’t understand. It will drive traffic away from your website as no one has time to pick up a dictionary to understand your content.
18. Use content surveys and invite your readers, subscribers and people from social media to participate.
19. Lay emphasis on your email content. Nearly 80% of businesses found the effectiveness of emails as their primary revenue source. Prepare emails with important information and carve your image as a serious business who emails for important and knowledgeable stuff. It enforces readers to click and convert into sales.
20. Blog continually. Readers love revisiting again-and-again if you have something new to share with right third party links that are genuine and broaden their understanding about the topic.
21. Use product demos to promote your products by giving a glimpse to your followers about quality and reliability of your offering.
22. Use comparison post about your different products and services to help people to decide about the right tool for them. Be a complete marketer in a friendly way who shares the best interest of its customers.
23. Using long-tail keywords will bring real search engine traffic and will be regarded as a real way of doing hyperlinking.
24. Promote your content marketing mission. According to industry reports, 48% marketers use it to drive traffic. List yourself in those numbers.
25. To entice future sales, don’t forget to show your gratitude to new clients or customers. Take care of them and they will show their love in return.
26. Generate series content to gain revisits. When you publish posts in parts of a title on regular intervals, readers will likely to revisit to read following blog post.
27. Don’t forget to use email drip sequences. It’s a wonderful way to keep new users’ engaged. If you are away or are in the renovation process, sending them a mail about your products and offers, can be very beneficial.
28. Writing content won’t take you anywhere. Nothing beats originality and you have original content with you, but who’s going to read it or how anyone will come to know about the content floating on the web when there are billions of pages are waiting to be explored. Use your time and energy to market the content. Bring in more readers. Be an effective content marketer.
29. Using tools like Buzzsumo will help to discover what your loyal and targeted audience loves to read and hope to see in your posts. Remember you are writing for your readers, not for yourself. Think of them.
30. Dealing in B2B (business-to-business) sector and not using LinkedIn can be a dead-end for your campaigning juggernaut. 66% of marketers use LinkedIn to connect with marketing gurus, new and old users and increase user engagement.
31. Love your analytic tools. It will give an idea or paint the clear picture about the user engagement on different topics. Moreover, you can focus better what to write for future or how to tweak your ideas to satisfy readers want.
“Don’t focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers.”- Brian Clark, Copyblogger